Range Day Information
On Range Day (Sundays), we will meet as a group at the store at 8:30 AM and travel down to the range together so that everyone can follow along. We should get there around 9:30 AM. Paradise Sales uses the Cactus Flats Shooting Range as the primary location for doing the qualification testing on Range Day for our classes.
Check Range Weather Conditions
Make sure to dress appropriately and bring plenty of sunscreen as we are generally out at the Range for at least 8 hours on Range Day. You can see what the weather forecast will be for the range by checking out the Range Weather information widget that is located on the sidebar on the right hand side of our web site for more information. We also encourage everyone to wear long sleeve shirts to prevent any discomfort from expended shells.
Range Location & Directions
Cactus Flats Shooting Range is located at 4312 Co Rd 123 in Penrose, CO.
Directions (from Paradise Sales):
- Head east on Colorado Ave toward S Chestnut St (0.5 miles).
- Turn right onto Sahwatch St (0.4 miles).
- Turn left onto W Cimarron St (0.3 miles).
- Turn right onto US-85 S/US-87 S/S Nevada Ave (1.9 miles)
- Continue onto CO-115 S (29.6 miles)
- Turn right onto 3rd St (1.8 miles)
- Continue onto Fremont County Rd 123. Destination will be on the left
Tip: Sometimes GPS can be a little flaky the closer that we get to the range, so you may want to print a copy of these directions to take with you.
While you are at the Cactus Flats Shooting Range, please remember to abide by their range rules. You may call them at 719-372-3600 if you would like to request more information.